The theme for Becky’s April Squares challenge is ‘top’
- On Top of the World – summit, crown, peak or uppermost part of something
- Under the Big Top – topping or covering (or if you’re really lucky circus)
- Room at the Top – first or highest in position
- Cherry on Top – something made even more wonderful by becoming square
- Top and Tail – or maybe you’d prefer to play around with word combinations such as top dog, top stitch, top full, top line, top fruit, top hat, top secret, top knot, top drawer and top dollar!
Or should I say, top toad! Common Toad (Bufo bufo): During mating, the male clutches the female from behind in a tight embrace.
April Squares | Day Fourteen
22 thoughts on “Day Fourteen”
well she looks like she is smiling!
Bufo bufo seems an appropriately doubled-up name for this couple. We could say they went at it toad-to-toad.
A tight embrace indeed!
Yes, he’s not going to let go any time soon!
You’ve been spying! 🙂 🙂
Almost trod on them!
Ugh! 😦 😦
Oh my eyes! You should have put an X rating on this one.
I did warn Becky!
I saw two toads – separately – on a recent walk. Perhaps they finally found one another. I hope so.
You really caught them in the act, Jude. 😅
Almost put my foot on them!
Oh, no! That would have been terrible. 😳
For them, yes!
Well also for you. Would have made a mess of your shoe. 😅
Doesn’t bear thinking about 😯
No social distancing with this couple!
No. But they are in the same family. I hope!
Comments are closed.