The theme for Becky’s April Squares challenge is ‘top’
- On Top of the World – summit, crown, peak or uppermost part of something
- Under the Big Top – topping or covering (or if you’re really lucky circus)
- Room at the Top – first or highest in position
- Cherry on Top – something made even more wonderful by becoming square
- Top and Tail – or maybe you’d prefer to play around with word combinations such as top dog, top stitch, top full, top line, top fruit, top hat, top secret, top knot, top drawer and top dollar!
Room at the Top
This lovely weather vane always makes me smile when I pass it. I can almost hear this rooster crowing.
April Squares | Day Fifteen
26 thoughts on “Day Fifteen”
It must be on top of a public building or an impressive house!
Nope. Just standing in the corner of the yard of an old barn (conversion to a house I think) and studio. On a tall pole and has a view to the see I imagine!
wow, posh yard then!!
Not at all. I’ll take a photo next time I pass.
I do like to spot interesting vanes. One of my ex-ambulance colleagues used to make them to order in his garage. He made a red double-decker London bus for a bus-driver’s retirement gift, and a dachshund dog one for a lady who owned three of those dogs.
Best wishes, Pete. x
How wonderful. I wonder what I’d choose? The OH would have a Gibson guitar on top 😊
You would have a camera of course! A nice old heavy one, like a Zenit SLR. 🙂 x
Ooh, yes, that sounds good.
He does look like he feels on top of the world.
A very superior weather vane!
Lovely wind vane! Love the rooster on it…
Good looking weather vane 🙂
he’s a ‘ansome chap.
Too right 🙂
Nice weather vane. Annoying things roosters! No sense of time whatsoever 🤣🤣💕
Fortunately that’s not one of the noises around here.
I’ll take that as a like 👍
I do like an interesting weather vane. This one is lovely.
Cock a doodle dooooooo…. 😁
Also, crowing “top of the morning”? 😍
Oh, good one!
Comments are closed.