The theme for Becky’s April Squares challenge is ‘top’
- On Top of the World – summit, crown, peak or uppermost part of something
- Under the Big Top – topping or covering (or if you’re really lucky circus)
- Room at the Top – first or highest in position
- Cherry on Top – something made even more wonderful by becoming square
- Top and Tail – or maybe you’d prefer to play around with word combinations such as top dog, top stitch, top full, top line, top fruit, top hat, top secret, top knot, top drawer and top dollar!
Over the Top
I like cake. I really do though it is very bad for me. But cake with lashings of buttercream icing or fondant icing are just far too sweet for me these days. These two beauties were part of the wedding ‘cake’ at my step daughter’s wedding – loads of these cup-cakes prettily decorated with floral toppings piled up high.
April Squares | Day Twenty-six
16 thoughts on “Day Twenty-Six”
When Julie and I got married, we had a ‘cupcake cake’. But it wasn’t as fancy as those. They are definitely over the top. Great choice, Jude. 🙂
Best wishes, Pete. x
But that’s what makes it sooooo good 😉
Hee hee, thought I might get that reaction!
Quite! I scraped the icing off and ate the cake bit. They did look very pretty though.
wow what cakes, how amazing . . . . must admit for a moment I thought they were OTT earrings or something 😀
What fun. Like you, I’m no longer any good at super-sweet, but these definitely hit the spot for a wedding.
Not for me either. I never really got the cup cake thing, but they make beautiful ornaments 🙂 🙂
I like muffins though, especially blueberry or raspberry.
Yes- and me! 🙂 🙂
They are beautiful, and although I know I’d regret it, I would probably eat some of the icing. I can’t really seat sweet stuff like I used to, but I have a terrible weakness for any kind of icing. 😬
The work in those cakes is wonderful. Almost too pretty to eat. My daughter had cupcakes for her 21st birthday in a Mad Hatter theme.
These are magnificent, and look far too good to eat, though having said that there is too much buttercream on them for me.
Comments are closed.