The theme for Becky’s April Squares challenge is ‘top’
- On Top of the World – summit, crown, peak or uppermost part of something
- Under the Big Top – topping or covering (or if you’re really lucky circus)
- Room at the Top – first or highest in position
- Cherry on Top – something made even more wonderful by becoming square
- Top and Tail – or maybe you’d prefer to play around with word combinations such as top dog, top stitch, top full, top line, top fruit, top hat, top secret, top knot, top drawer and top dollar!
bee atop Helenium (Sneezeweed)
Happy 50th Anniversary of Earth Day: Theme = Climate Change
“Earth Day 2020 will be far more than a day. It must be a historic moment when citizens of the world rise up in a united call for the creativity, innovation, ambition, and bravery that we need to meet our climate crisis and seize the enormous opportunities of a zero-carbon future.”
Perhaps now that people have seen the difference it makes by not having roads choked with traffic, skies filled with planes and cities swamped with thousands of tourists descending from huge cruise ships they might consider what is most valuable to them? Something good may come out of this horrid surreal situation we all find ourselves living through. My hope is that people will appreciate the cleaner air, the value of nature in our lives and a slower, more gentle way of life.
Today’s square honours the work of the bee – a pollinator that keeps us in food and which is under great threat – so if you can, provide a safe place for the bees to nest, drinking water and bee-friendly plants in your garden.
April Squares | Day Twenty-two