The theme for Becky’s April Squares challenge is ‘top’
- On Top of the World – summit, crown, peak or uppermost part of something
- Under the Big Top – topping or covering (or if you’re really lucky circus)
- Room at the Top – first or highest in position
- Cherry on Top – something made even more wonderful by becoming square
- Top and Tail – or maybe you’d prefer to play around with word combinations such as top dog, top stitch, top full, top line, top fruit, top hat, top secret, top knot, top drawer and top dollar!
Cherry (blossom) on top
On St George’s Day is there anything better to celebrate the English spring than with frothy clouds of cherry blossom against an azure sky. Other than my old pal Robert Browning, of course 🙂
April Squares | Day Twenty-three
18 thoughts on “Day Twenty-three”
That’s lovely. I was caught in a cherry blossom ‘snow-storm’ the other day, which was quite something, especially as the sky was as blue as in your shot.
It doesn’t last long. This is a tree up the lane, not mine. I don’t have any blossoming trees, sadly 😯
Beautiful. Lovely images
Beautiful sight, Jude!
The sky was a lovely blue that day, been rather hazy since.
Let’s hope you get some more bright blue days, Jude
Nice idea, Jude. I used to do a St George’s Day post every year, but it had little interest to readers.
Best wishes, Pete. x
No one seems to mention it. Funny how the Irish and Scots and Welsh are so proud of their nationality and the English appear embarrassed.
Maybe if we had retained the Saint that actually had connections to England we might celebrate! As a child I presumed St George fought the dragon in England, somewhat confused when I actually learnt his history.
Yes. I think we should reinstate St Edmund.
what a gorgeous sight Jude . . . and those leaves are exactly the kind of leaves on a branch that have me puzzling for ages from a distance as to what the bird is!
Oh so very stunningly pretty 😀
Thanks Cee ☺️
Reminds me of one of those flower torches Becky was showing us the other day. 🙂 🙂 It’s fabulous, Jude.
Just wish it was in my garden.
Another beautiful shot – the blue of the sky really sets the blossom off.
Love the colour combination of the pink against that azure blue sky, beautiful
Comments are closed.