September’s theme / technique: What’s the POV?
The phrase ‘point of view‘ in photography simply means the position from which the camera sees the scene. It refers to the angle or place from where you shoot. Try different ways of photographing the same subject rather than looking at it from front on.
- Use your feet and move around the subject looking for an optimum angle.
- Don’t be afraid to get down on your stomach or climb a tree.
- Look for different and dramatic angles that will make your images more striking.
- Shooting from eye-level helps your viewer connect with the subject.
- Look up – the subject will seem more powerful
- Look down – the subject will appear smaller, inferior.
- Indirect – focus on the shadow rather than the subject
- Abstract – Spin around or tilt the frame
- Take a photo with something between you and your subject
This week's assignment - Shoot your subject from below. Looking up will give the illusion of smallness (the viewer). An upwards angle will make the subject seem much more important.
If you would like to join in with the 2020 photo challenge then please take a look at my 2020 Photo Challenge page. No complicated rules, just a camera required 🙂
- Create your own post with some information about how you composed the shot.
- Include a link to this page in your post so others can find it too
- Add the tag #2020PhotoChallenge so everyone can find your entry easily in the WP Reader
- Get your post(s) in by the end of the month, as the new theme comes out on the first Sunday in October.
32 thoughts on “2020 Photo Challenge #38”
What a fantastic shot of the butterfly! I thought I did well on my climb, which meant clinging on to heather in places, but I’m not sure I’m up to climbing trees these days.
Haha… well I know I’m not! In fact I can’t even remember the last time I climbed a tree.
One of these months I am going to properly participate – promise! I just love what you have done this year
Three months left and October is going to be busy for you 😊 I had intended this year to be one for new photos, but that has backfired somewhat. For what was originally a travel blog there hasn’t been much happening for 3 years now! 😂
hee hee my Portuguese blog is in mothballs at the moment – really didn’t expect that. What a year for us all. Still you have been finding some fabulous photos in the archives and close by – and I am hoping I will be able to join in in November 😀
Comments are closed.