The theme for Becky’s April Squares challenge is ‘top’
- On Top of the World – summit, crown, peak or uppermost part of something
- Under the Big Top – topping or covering (or if you’re really lucky circus)
- Room at the Top – first or highest in position
- Cherry on Top – something made even more wonderful by becoming square
- Top and Tail – or maybe you’d prefer to play around with word combinations such as top dog, top stitch, top full, top line, top fruit, top hat, top secret, top knot, top drawer and top dollar!
Cat Amongst the Pigeons Shiraz
When I was staying with my son in Sydney in 2014 I became quite addicted to this lovely Barossa wine. Apart from the fact that I love the name, I also love a big, bold Shiraz. This is just that – blackberry and plum with spice notes.
April Squares | Day Ten
22 thoughts on “Day Ten”
Sadly I haven’t found it over here. But Tesco do a rather nice Shiraz. Always go for the top shelf though! Besides that it is a little early for wine 🍷even for me!
That might be just the ticket 😉💕
It is rather scrumptious. Hope to have the chance to drink some again!
I had a glass of Cat Among the Pigeons Riesling with dinner tonight 🙂
[claps hands over ears – not listening]
Partial to a nice Shiraz myself. 🙂
Best wishes, Pete. x
You’d like this one Pete.
I downed a bottle of Pinotage last night. My virus medecine!
Ooh, a South African classic. We were on the Shiraz. Or was it a Merlot? No, an Aussie Shiraz. Drinking only at the weekend seems to have flown out of the window right now.
This is a very imaginative for a post. 🙂 A cool glass of that might be nice just now to enjoy while sitting under an umbrella in our sunny garden. 🙂
I need an umbrella, too hot to sit outside! But it might well be time for a G&T 😛
Love the look of the bottle.
An interesting label and great contents 😍
Sounds delicious . . . and what fabulous artwork on the bottle 🙂 you are right I do like this!
A good hmmmm?
I thought this was an Australian brand. Hopefully you’ll be able to come and try some more one day.
Good call! Currently enjoying a nice glass of red, though it’s not Shiraz.
Shiraz, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Pinotage, Malbec – who cares as long as it is good 🙂 🍷 Cheers Anabel!
I can confirm it is very good! Slainte, bottoms up, etc!
Comments are closed.